Promoting British Values at Dubmire Primary School
What are British Values?
The DfE have recently reinforced the need for schools to explain how they promote British values. There are values that have been attributed to being British, by the government and some institutions, and fall into the following broad areas:
- Democracy – Britain is a democracy meaning that people in Britain vote for the people who make the laws and decide how the country is run.
- The Rule of Law – Britain has a police force who uphold the law and try to ensure people are kept safe.
- Individual Liberty – Britain allows people to live as they choose and have their own opinions about things as long as they don’t break the law.
- Mutual Respect – Britain gives respect to the thoughts and feelings of others even if they are not in agreement with them.
- Tolerance of Different Faiths and Beliefs – Britain accepts that other people might have different beliefs and or religions than ours.
How do we promote ‘British Values’ at Dubmire Primary School?
We promote British values in our own school values, in our policies and in our practice. Additionally, the way that we manage learning and behaviour clearly reflect British values.
Click on one of the links below for more information:
|Democracy||Rule of Law|