Communication between Home & School
At Dubmire primary Academy, we are always trying to update our ways of communicating with parents. This is to ensure that we are always in touch about the welfare and learning of our children.
Class Dojo is a communication platform that we use in school between teachers and parents. Class dojo’s mission is to reinvent classrooms by bringing teachers, children and parents closer together. It is a way for teachers to update parents on the learning of their child, as well as allowing both parent and teacher to send private messages. These messages will only be seen by the parent involved and their class teacher. The updates the class teacher puts on the app, will be seen by all. These will include things such as events in the classroom, what we are going to be learning about next week and any dates for the diary we need you to be aware of.
Important things to remember…
- Teachers will only reply between the hours of 8am and 4pm. However, please remember that we teach your children from 8.45am-12pm and 1:00pm-3.20pm, so you may not receive a message back until the end of the day. If something is urgent, please message a member of the senior leadership team or ring the office direct.
- Parents and carers are able to message directly the following people: Miss Jarvis (Head Teacher & Safeguarding), Mrs Rowntree (Assistant Head Teacher, SENCO & Daycare), Mrs March (Assistant Head Teacher & Curriculum) and class teacher.
- We will not be using the app during school holidays or weekends.
- You still need to ring the office if your child is absent from school.
- Please only use Class Dojo to comment on your child's learning. Any concerns should be discussed with your class teacher or senior leader directly via private message or face to face. Negative comments will be removed.