Our supplier for school uniform is Total Sports North East. You can order uniform on their website at http://www.totalsport-ne.co.uk/ or download an order form here and send it directly to Total Sport North East.
At Dubmire Academy we believe that school uniform is important:
- It fosters equality, looks smart.
- Contributes to a sense of belonging.
- Fosters a feeling of pride.
We ask that all children wear the uniform and we encourage them to maintain a good standard of clean and tidy dress in school.
Our school uniform is as follows:
- White/Purple polo top with logo
- Purple jumper/cardigan with school logo
- Knee length or just above, grey skirt or pinafore dress or smart grey tailored trousers
- Black shoes, (with low sensible heel size)
- Trainers (for use only at playtime and lunchtime on field or apparatus)
- Indoor shoes (black plimsoles)
For summer wear as above, or:
- purple check/gingham dresses (standard school type)
- Grey tailored shorts
- Sandals: black or white (with sensible heel size and not beach style)
- Sunhat to be worn when appropriate
- Socks must be worn at all times
- Sunglasses are brought in at child’s own risk. School accepts no responsibility
The wearing of all kinds of jewellery is not allowed on the grounds of safety. Watches may be worn by all pupils. Rings or studs are not to be worn in pierced ears or any other part of the body.
Extreme colouring of hair or hair styles such as Mohicans and tribal patterns are not permitted.
The wearing of nail polish of any colour other than clear or nail biting treatments must not be worn.
For health and safety reasons it is important that children are properly dressed for any physical activity.
Our uniform for P.E. is as follows:
- Black cotton shorts (Not football or cycling shorts)
- White tee shirt (t-shirts with school logo are available if required)
- Black tracksuit bottoms (plain, for outdoor PE)
- Purple jumper/sweatshirt (plain or with school logo)
- Black trainers for outside activities
P.E. kit should be stored in a named drawstring bag and kept in school all week and returned home for washing at weekends and holidays. All items of P.E. clothing must be named.
For swimming lesson sessions:-
Girls: one piece costume, swimming hat and towel
Boys: swimming trunks (not shorts), swimming hat and towel